Wallpaper
WallPaper
ภาพวาดจากแฟน GM
Art Corner
Gamemag on Facebook
Facebook

สมาชิกทุกท่านโปรดอ่านก่อน*กฎกติกาของบอร์ด*
รวมวิธีโพสภาพ,คลิป,การใส่ลายเซ็น และอื่นๆ
Animategroup.com - GAMEMAG - Why not buy bulletproof vests for teachers?
ผู้ตั้งกระทู้ ข้อความ
upamfva / Member
ID : M07665

Level : เกมกดซึเนโอะ
Exp. : 23%
จิตพิสัย : -71%
Like : 0
Reply : 13
Sex : ชาย
วันที่สมัคร : 2021-06-11
PM Profile
Topic : Why not buy bulletproof vests for teachers?
«date: 07 มกราคม 2566 , 11:35:38 »
 แก้ไข  

Why not buy bulletproof vests for teachers?

As a public school teacher in the great state of Florida, I have solved the Legislature's dilemma regarding gun control and the Second Amendment: bulletproof vests for teachers.To get more news about hard bulletproof vest, you can visit bulletproofboxs.com official website.

The idea came to me after recently reading about U.S. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos’ idea to provide federal funds to states so they can buy weapons for teachers. I bet there’s a way to finagle buying vests to go along with those guns. After all, there’s an estimated $1 billion in the federal Student Support and Academic Enrichment grant program.
We know the stories of teachers running toward a shooter or putting themselves between a shooter and their students. This reaction is part of a teacher’s DNA and can’t be altered. A bulletproof vest would allow us to do what comes naturally and survive, allowing us to provide training around the country based on our state’s inevitable school shooting experiences.But if for some reason the money couldn’t be spent on vests, here’s another funding idea: advertising.

After the Valentine’s Day massacre in Parkland, I figured I could just go on eBay and buy my own bulletproof vest. But with a salary of less than $40,000 a year, I would have to use the money I spend on classroom supplies for my students for such a purchase. It’s a hard call: bulletproof vest or pencils and paper my students need for all the class time we devote to state testing preparation.Thinking this through, however, I realized that vest sponsorships could work like race uniforms. Those who give the biggest donations to the Vests for Teachers program could have their names emblazoned in big letters on the back. That could really come in handy around re-election time.

The VFT fund could also accept money from organizations. I bet the National Rifle Association would jump at the chance to get its name across every Florida public school threshold. Smaller donations could be listed in more discrete lettering on the front.Don’t get me wrong — I’m not asking the Legislature to take arming teachers off the table. Personally, I’m still mulling that idea over. I will say it’s been reassuring to hear our president get behind this idea, proclaiming that we can’t ever let the kind of carnage that Parkland has suffered happen again.

But I’d like to talk more with my co-workers before I make up my mind. Unfortunately, they’re difficult to catch because so many rush off after school to second jobs. And, to be honest, there are fewer and fewer days when my fellow teachers aren’t feeling burned out and furious at a system they have no control over, that doesn’t trust them to do their jobs and judges their value based on test scores.

Should you trust teachers with guns when you don’t trust them to know what’s best for our students?

One more thing: Ideally, I’d love to see you give every teacher 25-30 child-sized vests, but I don’t want to appear too greedy. Maybe you wouldn’t need the vests at every grade level. After all, high schoolers are much closer to becoming voters than kindergartners.

ip: 104.233.231.177 

ผู้ใช้งานขณะนี้มีผู้ออนไลน์ 7 คน บอรด์มีทั้งหมด : 7,074 กระทู้ รวม  : 30,557 คำตอบ เข้าอ่านกระทู้ทั้งหมด : 14,237,814 ครั้ง
ดูตอบกระทู้ล่าสุดบนบอร์ด

0ขาจร, 7สาวก
ผู้ใช้เมื่อ 5 นาทีที่ผ่านมา:
, , , , , , ,

HBD : no member

Copyright 2007 Animate Group Co.,Ltd. All rights reserved.